|Photo Courtesy of Wikipedia|
- Prepared stocks often known as stock cubes or bouillon cubes
- Condiments such as BBQ sauce and salad dressings
- Canned, frozen or dried prepared food
- Common snack foods such as flavored beef jerky, flavored potato chips (Doritos!!!) and flavored tortilla chips.
- Dry seasoning/soup mixtures
|MSG laden chips|
(picture courtesy of Google)
Now personally I LOVE the Trader Joe's Spicy Tortilla Chips, but I couldn't find a photo of them online. The Tostitos are a great and simple switch to start with. Also, something I love about Tostitos website is it gives you a list of all their chips, with labels for each stating whether or not they are free from gluten, MSG, casein, lactose, onion, trans fat or additives, as well as whether or not they are Kosher. You can check out that information here.
So, if you seem to have inexplicable headaches that correlate with eating some of the items listed above, I'd check to see if they have MSG in them. If they do, there are many easy substitutes that you can use that will eliminate the MSG from the foods you eat. If you don't have an MSG sensitivity, it still wouldn't hurt to cut out this unnecessary additive from your diet! Keep posted for more easy swaps from The Additive Free Foodie!!!